Texas Health and Human Services
Texas Health and Human Services advocates for clients, investigate fraud, and ensures clients receive the benefits for which they qualify. HHS employees respond to the needs of older Texans by ensuring their safety and dignity, helping them live where they choose to live and supporting their caregivers.
This state commission consists of 2 agencies: the Texas Health and Human Services Commission & the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Medicaid for families and children
- Long-term care for people who are older or have disabilities
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) food benefits and TANF (Temporary Assistance For Needy Families) cash assistance for families
- Behavior health services
- Services to help keep people who are older or who have disabilities in their homes or communities
- Services for people with special health needs