Welcome to Family Caregivers Online! These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Family Caregivers Online’s website. By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use this website if you do not agree to all the terms and conditions stated on this page.
About Family Caregivers Online
- The information provided on this website is not intended to replace the advice of medical, legal, or financial professionals.
- The information on this website is provided to educate, support and provide resources.
- This website does not solicit nor does it accept advertisements.
- This website is funded, in part, by North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging, Dallas Area Agency on Aging Community Council of Greater Dallas and Texas Health & Human Services.
- Additional services include emailed newsletters, Caregiver Teleconnection calls, and social media postings to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
- HON (Healthcare on the Net) certifies this website. HON promotes and guides useful and reliable online health information and its appropriate and efficient use of reliable health information online.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for caregivers to share their experiences by answering a few questions for the benefit of other site visitors.
These testimonials do not reflect the views and opinions of Family Caregivers Online, or its sponsors. Testimonials reflect the views and opinions of the caregiver who writes them. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Family Caregivers Online shall not be liable for the testimonials or for any liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the testimonials on this website.
If you provide a testimonial, you hereby grant Family Caregivers Online a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your testimonials in any and all forms, formats, or media.
Unless otherwise stated, Family Caregivers Online and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Family Caregivers Online. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Family Caregivers Online for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
Permission is granted to print or duplicate information from this website for use in providing free education and support to family caregivers.
This information is NOT for commercial use. You must not sell, rent, or sub-license material from Family Caregivers Online
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies
- Search engines
- News organizations
- Online directory distributors may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications, or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our website, upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any time. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to do so or to respond to you directly.
Although we try our best to do so, we do not guarantee that the information on this website is correct; we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort, and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.