Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) protects children and vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Adult Protective Services – Protects the elderly and people with disabilities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation through investigations and services.
- Child Protective Services – Protects children from abuse and neglect through services, foster care, and adoption.
- Child Protective Investigations – Investigates reports of child abuse or neglect to determine if any child in the family has been abused or neglected. If the children aren’t safe, the investigator starts protective services.
- Prevention and Early Intervention – Manages community-based programs that prevent juvenile delinquency and child abuse and neglect.
- Statewide Intake – Takes reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation from across the state through its Texas Abuse Hotline (1-800-252-5400) and through the website TxAbuseHotline.org 24-hours a day, every day of the year.