This presentation titled The Holidays and Dementia: What You Should Know and Tips for Making the Holidays More Enjoyable, was presented by Hollie Grover with the James L. West Center for Dementia Care.
Topics covered include:
- Communication Tips
- Holiday Gift Ideas for people with Dementia
- How to identify the best way to communicate with someone with dementia.
- Tips for Gamily Gatherings
- Activities to enjoy together
- Tips on Traveling
- How to recognize the signs of caregiver stress and burnout
- Techniques to take stress out of the holiday season