Aging Services – North Central Texas Council of Governments
The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging has a broad range of support services for family caregivers, including Caregiver Support Coordination, Respite Care, Caregiver Information Services, and Caregiver Counseling.
- Either the caregiver or care receiver must live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell or Wise County;
- The caregiver must be:
- caring for someone who is at least 60 years of age;
- caring for someone who has Alzheimer’s or a related dementia:
- be at least 55 years of age and have primary custody of a grandchild who is under the age of 18; or
- be at least 55 years of age and care for a relative who has severe disabilities
- not paid for his/her services
Some programs, such as Caregiver Support Coordination, have additional eligibility criteria.
Learn more: https://www.nctcog.org/aging-services/caregivers