No one WANTS to talk about how they want to live at the end of their life but it is a gift to family and friends.
National Healthcare Decisions Day is April 16, 2022. If you haven’t thought about and shared your wishes for how you want to live at the end of your life, today is the day!
If you need help getting started, check out these Conversation Starter Guides – they don’t answer every question, but they will help you get your thoughts together, and then have effective conversations with your loved ones.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement and The Conversation Project have created the following guides:
- Your Conversation Starter Guide
- Your Conversation Starter Guide – for Caregivers of People with Alzheimer’s or Other Forms of Dementia
- Your Guide to Choosing a Health Care Proxy
- Your Guide to Being a Health Care Proxy
- Your Guide for Talking with a Health Care Team
- What Matters to Me – A patient’s guide to serious illness conversations
Have the conversation today – it’s a gift to your family!
We hope this information is helpful to you in the important work you do as a family caregiver.
For more resources, subscribe to our free eNewsletter!