Caregivers: How much do you know about managing money? This free online program by the Alzheimer’s Association® will help you learn about the costs of caregiving and the benefits of early planning, and teach you how to avoid financial abuse and fraud, start a conversation about finances, assess financial and legal needs, and find support.
- Describe how caregiving affects finances.
- List the legal and financial documents caregivers should put in place.
- Prepare for useful discussions about financial decisions and planning.
- Identify steps to lower the chances of financial abuse and fraud.
- Begin to create a backup plan in case you can no longer provide care.
View the course here: https://training.alz.org/products/4355/managing-money-a-caregivers-guide-to-finances
SOURCE: This program is produced and sponsored by The Alzheimer’s Association. Familycaregiversonline.net (this website) does not endorse this program. We are simply offering this general information as a public service. You should consult a legal and/or a financial professional before acting on any information contained in the presentation for advice specific to your situation. Due to our public funding, we do not solicit or accept advertisements, even in the form of education programs.
We hope this information is helpful to you in the important work you do as a family caregiver.
For more resources, subscribe to our free eNewsletter!