- This event has passed.
Fall Prevention Program (Plano)
May 15 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am CDTFree
Many older adults have concerns about falling and limiting their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award winning program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels. The program consists of eight, 2-hour classes and focuses on simple plans to manage falls.
Participants will learn to:
- see that falls are controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to lessen chances of falling at home
- Improve movement, balance, and strength
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, movement and strength
- Anyone who has had a fall in the past
- Anyone who has changed their activities because of concerns for falling
Admission is free, but registration is required because class size is limited.
- RSVP: Call 877-THR-WELL (877-847-9355) or go online to TexasHealth.org/classes
- When: Mondays, 9:30 am to 11:30 am / May 15th to July 10th. (8 weeks skipping Memorial day on May 29th.)
- Where: Community Classroom – G23
We hope this information is helpful to you in the important work you do as a family caregiver.
For more resources, subscribe to our free newsletter!